Classic Friends episode (2.19 TOW Eddie Won't Leave)
*Note* Insert 'bad job' for 'men':
PHOEBE: Oooh, so so so, did you read the book?
MONICA: Oh, it was incredible!
PHOEBE: Didn't it like totally speak to you?
RACHEL: Woah, woah, woah, what book is this?
MONICA: Rachel you have to read this book. It's called Be Your Own Windkeeper. It's about how women need to become more empowered.
PHOEBE: Yeah and oh, and but there's, there's wind and the wind can make us Goddesses. But you know who takes out wind? Men, they just take it.
RACHEL: Men just take out wind?
PHOEBE: Ya-huh, all the time, cause they are the lightning bearers.
RACHEL: Wow.
PHOEBE: Yeah.
This episode came to mind while I was driving home from work today. I am on spring break from job #1 so I've been working at job #2 all week. After a day and a half I remembered why I hated that job so much. It sucked my wind (aka my will to live!!). Ugh. I am amazed at how much impact a negative environment can have on my mood. I can't express how much I hated that job. SO THANKFUL for my new job. I love it! The kids are adorable. Love working with them. A bad day working with autistic kids beats the best day working with adults in accounts receivable. No more letting a bad job steal my wind!
Did I mention how much I love job #1????
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
be your own windkeeper
Posted by KT at 9:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad you like your other job so much. Wind stealers (or energy suckers as I call them) BITE!
Hey Katie,
I linked to your blog from Raquel and Dave's Blog, I hope you don't mind my leaving a comment! So what is Job #1 and Job #2? Your year of adventure sounds like fun! If you want my opinion; I think you should face the fear of heights and tackle skydiving in April! I've only recently discovered blogging and I love seeing what people are doing and I was so glad I find yours! :) Brandy and I just decided to start a blog; http://brandyanddave.blogspot.com/ Check it out if you'd like. Hope all is well!! - Dave J.
Katie- it was so fun to hang out with you!! You always make me laugh!! I hope that it works out for you to come to St. George. It is your old stomping ground!
I loved your wind stealers blog. See you soon, Macy
Post a Comment