CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

kauai 2008

Kauai was simply fabulous! I could definitely get used to listening to the sound of the ocean as I drift off to sleep. And 80 degree weather. And flip flops or sandals everyday. And the feel of island air. And the beautiful flowers. And the palm trees. And....I'll stop.

It was only 4 days but those 4 days were heaven. Thursday night was for exploring the resort & walking on the beach. Friday we went to Kipu falls. It is a really short hike to the falls where there is a rope swing. I was really nervous because the valet at the hotel told us a guy got hurt there the day before. Turns out he was more than hurt...he died. After reading the newspaper article I decided I wouldn't be taking any dives off a waterfall or rope swing. I changed my mind though :) It was scary but I knew I'd regret not doing it. After the falls I went scuba diving where I saw my favorite sea creature - the turtle and heard the symphony of the whales. Pretty amazing to hear! Saturday was a pontoon boat ride of the Na'Pali coast. AMAZING! I was in awe the whole time. It rained for part of the boat ride but I have to say that it made the mountains all the more beautiful. While on the boat ride we saw a couple of whales breech. So cool...especially after watching the Planet Earth movie on the migration of the whales. Dinner and ice cream Saturday night. Sunday was sacrament meeting in Ka'pa and then a drive to the north shore to Hanalei. Along the way we stopped at Wailua falls & a couple other random beautiful spots. The weather was great on Sunday. Perfect way to end a vacation...sun, sand & waves!

*One of many hammocks around the resort. The first morning there I woke up at 5 am and laid on the hammock for two hours. I watched the stars until they faded away and the sun came up. All while listening to the ocean.....*

*Yeah...I could definitely get used to this. Hanalei Bay*
*Sunrise at the hotel in Poipu*


*Na'Pali Coast*

*Wailua Falls*

Thanks for the invite brevans!!





3 comments:

HeRoosSheRoos said...

I am so jealous. It looks absolutely amaing. You deserved a get-away.

Macy said...

Katie!!! What beautiful pictures!!! Oh, Hawaii. Is it even fair that it's so pretty there? At least the sun is starting to shine here. I hope that you are doing great!! I'm looking forward to our next temple trip. I hope to see you soon!! Love, Macy

JackieSue said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO LUCKY!!! I can't even begin to tell you how bad your pictures made me long to be on the island!!! Amazing!!! So pretty and awesome and wonderful and well need I say more? Go you!!