A few months ago my brother signed up for the St. George 1/2 marathon and asked if I wanted to run too. I was excited to run because the St. George 1/2 is the first 1/2 I did, and thought it would be fun to run with my brother on his first 1/2. I flew into Vegas Friday night and drove with Ryan and his family to St. George. We all chatted the on the drive to St. George and over dinner before hitting the sack early.
Pre-race photos - nerves, cold and ready to get moving!
The Las Vegas Crew
Post race - hardly broke a sweat - ha!
(Note: Those tin foil blankets really keep you warm!)
It was great running a race with my brother. It really doesn't matter who finished first so I won't mention it but will say I didn't train... I love when people catch the running bug. Hopefully he'll run many more races and I will get to run some of them too. Congrats Ry! And thanks for inviting me to join you.
Around mile 3 I was thinking about the girls that got me into running and wished they were running too. I may have teared up a bit. Around mile 12 I heard a cow bell ringing in the distance. It put a smile on my face and put a little more pep in my step. Then the ringing slowed. I looked up to see where it had gone and noticed a girl walking away, with the cowbell swaying slowly by her side. As I passed her, wishing she would start ringing it again, I turned to look at her and.... it was SARAH! I freaked out and hugged her then she started running with me. She pointed out Candace and Sandy who were holding posters and cheering me on as well. I was super surprised! Of course at that point I really started crying which made the last mile even more awesome as everyone saw my tears and cheered me on like it was the race of my life. Awesomeness. They made a last minute midnight road trip, staying in a shady motel to cheer me on. Is this friendship?? I think so!! Lovely.
Love the signs!
"What are you doing here????"
Friends fo life.
I kind of look like a professor in this picture with my turtleneck and smoking jacket, do you see it?



2 comments:
you go girl. and wow that is totally awesome that sarah was running and your girls came down to see you. glad you had a great time.
That was the funnest trip ever!! Even if we were there for like 3 minutes--totally worth it!! Way to work the crowd with your tears, T-Bone! lol. p.s. have pink marker stain on my white coat from making the posters, guess I have a souvenier forever! Dang Sharpies.
Post a Comment