CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 12, 2010

El Lay Easter

I have been trying to take advantage of my long weekends while I still have them. Easter weekend I went up to L.A. to stay with a friend and have myself a little staycation. My friend Dayna lives in Playa del Rey and another friend Amanda lives in Santa Monica. It was great to see both of them and to relax in a city that is always moving. Here are the highlights of my trip:

Can't ever resist this place, even when I try my best. This is my very
favorite cupcake. Vanilla Bean.

A drive up the PCH, stopping at Malibu hot spots to catch at least one celebrity sighting. Yes, he is good looking in person. Especially when playing with his child. *sigh*

After spending time with the L.A. MSA (Mid-Single Adults)* group watching LDS General Conference I experienced my first.....
earthquake. I thought I was just dizzy so I sat down. Then someone pointed out what was happening. It is like being on a boat, rocking back and forth. I am a little disappointed I wasn't in SD to feel it more. And yes, I am finally getting on that 72 hour kit I've been meaning to put together.

Hope your Easter was happy.

P.S. One of my favorite talks was given by Silverfox (have a friend who named him that and I think it is hilarious)

*More to come on an interesting conversation I had with a fellow MSA about singles in the LDS Church. Are you on the edge of your seats? I'm sure you are....

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh man do you think Vanilla cupcakes would hold up in the mail????

Chris and Cassie said...

on the edge...waiting...

Macy said...

Earthquakes frighten me! I'm glad it was just a little fun one. :)