CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 12, 2011

blackout

Thursday, September 8, 2011 was the day of a September miracle!  At 3:40 PM San Diego County, parts of Orange County and Mexico lost power.  The power was not restored until 1:15 AM on September 9th.  Why you ask do I consider this a miracle?  School was cancelled on Friday for the entire county.  WAHOO!!!!!!!!!  After an insanely horrible week I considered the blackout and the subsequent school cancellation a miracle.

Great things during the blackout:

  • I could see the stars at night (rare where I live)
  • Neighbor bonding - everyone in the courtyard chatting and playing games
  • Going for a walk at dusk
  • Strangers chatting with strangers
  • NO SCHOOL FRIDAY!
  • Brunch & Beach & Movie on Friday
Not so great things during blackout:
  • Drunk neighbors using the blackout as an excuse to party loudly
  • Spoiled food
  • Lack of cell service
  • No Twitter
  • Realizing there was no hot water for my bubble bath by candlelight after I had drawn the bath.  Bummer.
The not so great things are nothing compared to the great things.  Fingers crossed we can do it again this week!!!

*Failed bath by candlelight

1 comments:

Sue said...

That bath does look nice.